San Mateo, CA laser treatment for unwanted hair removal is gentle; a no-hassle way to get lasting smoothness
Unwanted hair can arise almost anywhere. As a specialty practice that includes board-certified dermatologists, Drs Bruce Maltz, Carie Chui, and Meghan Hession, Allura Skin and Laser Center offers unwanted hair removal treatment from its San Mateo, CA office that is:
- Gets results
- Appropriate for many skin types
- Can be combined with other treatments, such as Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
Laser treatment for unwanted hair at Allura Skin and Laser Center is an attractive alternative to shaving, waxing, tweezing, and depilatory creams that are time-consuming, messy, and uncomfortable. These Do-It-Yourself options also have a host of unwanted side effects – razor bumps, redness and skin irritation, and the potential for allergic reactions and sensitivities. Additionally, the results from these products and techniques may only last a few days.
With the GentleMax® Laser System by Candela, your silky and smooth skin lasts. Furthermore, lasers for unwanted hair can be an attractive alternative to other “permanent” hair removal systems available at specialty clinics and medispas; for instance, electrolysis can be quite uncomfortable. A medical device is placed on the areas to be treated, which passes an electrical current through the “growth center” of the hairs. A fine probe is applied to each affected follicle, and finally, the hair is removed with tweezers. Every hair follicle must be treated, one at a time. So, now that you know the process, you can imagine how painstaking electrolysis can be! That also means more trips back to the clinic or spa, and the additional costs that come with each treatment session.
The GentleMax® Laser System administered by our skilled Registered Nurses and Physicians Assistants also stands out favorably from other laser systems. Earlier-generation laser technologies and other systems on the market aren’t suitable for as many skin types. Traditionally, candidates for laser hair removal had a significant contrast between the color of their skin and hair; often, these lasers worked best on patients with fair skin and dark hairs. Our system can work well even on dark skin and without the risk of complications such as pigmentation problems (discoloration). As its name suggests, GentleMax® is also more comfortable than other systems, with proprietary built-in contact cooling. As the laser device delivers powerful energy to destroy unwanted hair follicles (while leaving the surrounding skin intact), patients may feel a sensation as if a rubber-band is snapped against the skin. The sensation subsides quickly and is eased with controlled cooling.
Laser treatment for unwanted hair at Allura Skin and Laser Center is also:
- Easy – Just follow simple precautions as provided by our team, which include avoiding tanning and shaving as waxing as specified. Avoidance of the sun during peak hours (and other protection measures) should be taken post-treatment as well.
- Quick – Treatment can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the area. In 15 minutes, your entire back or both legs can be treated.
- Persists – Lasers represent the closest thing to permanent hair removal that you can get! However, due to the cyclical nature of hair growth, more than one treatment is required to get the results you desire. Follicles respond to laser energy when they are in the anagen or active growth phase.
For most of Allura Skin and Laser Center’s patients, they’re hair-free and carefree in three to five treatments, spaced one to two months apart. To free yourself from the hassle of razors and the pain of “permanent” methods (like electrolysis), schedule an appointment with one of our skilled professionals. Call (650) 727-6008.
Back to Laser Hair Removal Page